Sunday, July 18, 2010

from A to B losing time T

Traveling from point A to point B means losing time t. Say, knowing the distance and your speed, you can proudly calculate the time you gonna lose. :) This, however doesn't solve your problem.

Happily, we live in a wonderful world (what have our poor parents done without the magic devices we own?!? ) and now we are able to graduate MIT without leaving our dens. :) Check what I found here. Amazing, wonderful, funny, especially this lecture dedicated to the subject of "behavioral psychology" is the perfect stuff to entertain you on your way to work or university or in the train/plane/car/whatever. Why we stop inserting a coin in the cola vending machine when it stops giving us cola but we don't if we gamble? How can you implant and modify false memories in somebody's mind. Or how every cell of our brain is mapped to a small areas of our bodies.. Really interesting stuff. :)

Oh, and last week we won the "KIT Company of the year award", part of the simulation we did during the previous semester in the "Business Leadership" course. The prize itself is not important, but the fact, that we almost believed ourselves in having the future in our hands and knowing what we want and wanting all that so much… :) (btw, we stands for 3D Innovations: Diana, Christian, me and Martin)

What else… what else.. Tomorrow I have to get the chips from the custom office. I also have to fight again with the bureaucracy in Deutsche Bank to get my bank statement letter translated in English. Firefox has a new version 4. The rechargeable battery of my macbook was almost up to explode. "But the wind still blows over Savannah and in the Spring the turkey buzzard struts and flounces before his hens." ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh well believe it or not I tried downloading Mozilla 4 Beta 1 with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.6 and the moment I pressed "Save" Firefox crashed :) mhehe, btw how can we say that we loose time? that is like loosing, distance, depth, width or height. I think its all about human perspective and the fact that we compare any duration to our life span. "It takes long" or "it only takes a while", who can say objectively? Check this out and enjoy(at least I hope you will) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5eG-aywZQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ye, that's right, Sashe, it's a deep beta and I can assure you that your bug has helped mozilla more than 1000 positive comments on the topic.
    :P And of course, the perception of losing time is strongly subjective. I would try to define it, but it will be my personal point of view. And the majority of people has only one point of view (thanks god! cause otherwise it will came up that we are schizophrenics or something like that). :)
    Oh, crap.. too much lectures on behavioral psychology, excuse me. :)

    BUT.. I'm quite sure, you know exactly what I meant with "losing time". ;)

    (thanx for the video.. very amusing, indeed .. ) :)

    ReplyDelete